An area of law that regulates the relationship between employers, employees and trade unions in the Republic of South Africa.
We provide legal advice in respect of labour matters, inter alia:
- Opinions in respect of issues relating to labour legislation or labour relations;
- Investigations into breaches of workplace rules and codes;
- Chairing and initiating disciplinary hearings;
- Retrenchment Exercises and Restructuring Excercises for purposes of Acquisitions and Mergers;
- Drafting and reviewing Human Resource and Investor Relations Policies and Practices; Collective agreements between Management and Trade Unions; contracts of Employment; agreements in Acquisitions and Mergers of Businesses.
LITIGATION & DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- Drafting of papers in legal proceedings in the Labour Court;
- Representing and appearing on behalf of clients in the Labour Court, CCMA and Bargaining Councils;
- Preparing and participating in Wage Negotiations;
- Relationship Building Exercises.